2024-05-26

[Alternative] Avenged Sevenfold - Life Is But A Dream...


Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Album: Life Is But A Dream...
Genre: Alternative Metal
Type: Full-length
Year: 2023
Country: United States
https://musicbrainz.org/release/e696c8ff-52b5-4697-a5b5-1c6b3ed99eaa
Though in general it is not my thing I like couple of their earlier releases, so decided to check what they are up to now.
Really hard to classify. I'd put it into alternative metal bucket just because it feels alright on intuitive level but it is more than that. Maybe some progressive, hardcore and even avant-garde influences.
Very varied and constantly flowing. Like always changing sound and arrangements and no riff ever repeats. Sometimes chaotic but most of the time easy to follow.
Never boring and fresh, pretty fun listen through. But there's nothing catchy for me or anything that I want to return to.

No comments: