2018-05-08

[Atmospheric Black] Sojourner - The Shadowed Road


Band: Sojourner
Album: The Shadowed Road
Genre: Atmospheric Black Metal
Type: Full-length
Year: 2018
Country: International
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Sojourner/The_Shadowed_Road/695929
I've noticed Sojourner before (as well as their previous release), have given a sneak peek but wasn't amused. Finally, decided to put my ear on it.
I think it is atmospheric black because it is too fast and moving for epic black (even for atmospheric, actually). More than that, it doesn't even feel as epic black too me.
The crazy thing: sometimes it is close to something like melodic death/doom sound.
Overall, it's not bad. Pointless riffs but neat melodies. Nice flute and female vocals but not memorable.
It has couple strong moments but that's not enough.
Goes into "worthy but somehow doesn't touch me" category.

No comments: